This is an article that I posted on my other blog and thought I would share it here..
1. SELECTING TOO MANY DARK COLORS– I go back to my photography composition and rule of thirds skills on this one. It’s important to create balance, a good balance of light and dark.
2. NEGLECTING TO TEST YOUR COLORS BEFORE YOU SWIRL THEM– This one is important because if you know what the outcome is going to be..
I thought I would share some web hosting jargon so that you might understand what they are talking about when you set up your first website
- BACKLINK- This is a link from another webpage back to you
- CAPTCHA- Completely Automated Public Turing test to Tell Computers and Humans Apart. Often used in connection with contact us or comment forms.
- CSS- Cascade Styled Sheets Design- are used to define the look of the website with HTML co’de working in the background.
Planning for a new retail store allowed me to focus on branding and every aspect of retail psychology. Knowing where I was moving into was a huge help as well. We had plenty of time to plan and create fixtures for our new store.
I can now see which items that are hits and others that are misses. A lot of planning doesn’t mean you get to rest. The next steps involve customer responses to our product lines and brand. Did they buy it? Why YES they DID!
So honored to be featured!! Listen to our story via podcast with Donna Maria!
Join us in the soap school this Saturday for a comprehensive liquid soap making lesson. If you have ever had trouble incorporating fragrances/essential oils in your liquid soap batch, this class is perfect for you. Michelle will guide through the easy steps of making liquid soap from scratch in under an hour. No cooking your batch, no problems adding fragrances and essentials oils. Just gorgeous beautiful mild homemade liquid soap.
In 2014, I tested a few web hosting companies and found that Shopify was by far the easiest one to create a a great looking, high functioning online shop. See it for yourself-- try it out for 14 days to see if you like it?
Shopify makes it easy to open an online store by providing all the tools and help you need. Click here to try it for free!