We offer an individualized experience just for you. Offering private lessons for beginners to experienced soapmakers. You choose what you want to learn and then we customize a class based on what YOU need.
Included in your private lesson:
- All products we created during our private one on one lesson
- A booklet with directions, equipment list & supplier information
- Recipes of products made during your lesson
- One on One instruction from a Handcrafted Soap Guild Certified Teacher
Choose from Balms and Salves, Emulsified Scrubs, Herbal Infusions/Natural Colorants, Liquid Soapmaking, Liquid Substitutions, Milk Soapmaking, Soapmaking 101, Soapmaking Design.
- Balms and Salves Class- (2hrs) Learn how to make balms of all types, lip, body and oil palmades
- Emulsified Scrubs- (3hrs)- Learn how to create your own whipped emulsified scrubs-- "No more oily layers in your scrubs"
- Herbal Infusions/Natural Colorants in Soapmaking- (3 hrs)Learn how to color your soap naturally and make herbal oil infusions for your natural bath products
- Liquid Soapmaking- (3hrs) Learn the Easy Glycerin Method Liquid Soapmaking, making liquid soap from scratch in one hour without cooking your paste, easy peasy!
- Liquid Substitutions/Milk Soapmaking-(3hrs) Making milk & fruit soaps are easy using our simple method. We will teach you how to make a creamy milk soap and a wonderful fruit soap using a simple fluid replacement method.
- Soapmaking 101-(3hrs) Learn everything you ever wanted to know about soapmaking. We discuss all the methods and give you step by step instruction on how to make cold processed soap. Learn from a certified, experienced soapmaker who will walk you through the chemistry behind the soapmaking so you will fully understand soapmaking from the oils to the cured soap.
- Soapmaking Design- (3hrs)Take your soapmaking to new heights by adding colors, find out which what colors can be used in soapmaking, how much to use and how to swirl it in your soap.
Return Policy On Classes: All classes are required to be paid in full to hold your spot, they are non-refundable but with at least a 7 day notice you can re-schedule to a later date class. Your credit will be good for 1 year from the time it was paid to be used on classes only. If you cancel 6 days prior you will have a 1/2 credit available to use within 1 year from the date it was purchased. No Shows are NON-REFUNDABLE
Classes are based on a per person rate, paid for and scheduled in advance. 2nd, 3rd or 4th person will be discounted accordingly--- please contact us for the rates for the other people attending with you. Only those that have paid in full are able to stay. If you have folks that traveled with you, we will be happy to direct them to our wonderful downtown area while you are in class.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS: Because of the caustic nature of Lye--The hands on portion of the class is offered to all of those that are 18 years and older. Classes are available to all paying customers, our small classroom will not accommodate any others (friends, kids or husbands) that are waiting for you in the process. Please wear comfortable clothes you don't mind getting soap on!
In order to protect our intellectual property photos or videos are not allowed during the class.