We will teach you how to make the soap and how to get into business branding it, packaging it, and selling it. Don't miss this business-building class and how to start your own business selling bath body.
Saturday- We are combining Soap making 101 and Milk Soap making on the first day= YOU GET 2 Classes in 1 Day!
Sunday- We will introduce you to starting a bath and body business, sharing our proven tools for success.
- Learn simple techniques for making soap while you learn the ins & outs of starting up your own company.
- Learn how to start up your own website at a fraction of the cost of traditional methods
- Create a product that will sell in your market
- Tips on photographing your product to sell online
- Craft show displays
- Packaging & labeling
- Branding/marketing and more
Day 1- We will begin promptly at 10 am on Saturday morning, begin with our Soapmaking 101. Learn everything you ever wanted to know about soap making.
We discuss all the methods and give you step-by-step instructions on how to make cold processed soap.
Learn from a certified, experienced soap maker who will walk you through the chemistry behind the soap making so you will fully understand soap making from the oils to the cured soap.
- Step by step directions
- Safety Equipment List and Procedures
- Soap making Oil Properties
- Additives, Essential Oils, Fragrances
- Using natural herbs, flowers, powders
- Recipe Formulation -Soap making supplier information
- Terms & Definitions in Soapmaking
- Creating the perfect Milk Bar Soap
- Understanding the chemistry behind the soap
- Natural colorants, micas, pigments, and using natural plant powders
- Soap making design and working with color.
- Learn which fragrances to use, how to come up with a color scheme
- Creating a soap using a simple fluid replacement method such as coffee, fruit, or milk soap
***Receive our Comprehensive Soap-making handbook with Recipes to help you get started. Along with, superior classroom instruction with hands-on soap making from Michelle Rhoades, a certified soapmaker with the Handcrafted Soap and Cosmetic Guild.
*** OVERNIGHT- We have many hotels to choose from, please contact us directly for suggestions.
Day 2- This second day is the BUSINESS portion of the soap-making weekend workshop. I will share my personal journey, tips, and insider information.
Learn how to choose a name for your company, find out what insurance/registrations you need, Trademarking or not; find out how to sell online, at craft shows and how to open a retail bath body store.
Along with in-depth discussions about:
- Photographing your products to sell online
- Craft show displays, setups, and a SPECIAL "CRAFT SHOW CHECKLIST."
- Packaging and labeling
- Branding and Marketing
- Worksheets, Graphs, Charts...
We will begin promptly at 10 am each morning.
Find out how to effectively sell your new soap, tips on how to get started selling online, how to start up on a shoestring budget and start making money right away, where to sell your soap, Do's and Don'ts for Craft Shows.
You will go home with an armload of fresh soap that we made in class, a soap-making booklet (soap-making recipes, charts, step-by-step directions to help you get started once you get home), and contact information on my trusted suppliers.
PAYMENT/CANCELLATION POLICY: Payment in full is required to secure your spot, the workshop is non-refundable. But if (with a seven-day notice) you cannot attend the scheduled class we will do our best to move you to another day provided a spot is available. If you cannot attend the workshop and have to cancel within seven days, we will issue you half off credit for another class.
No shows are NON-REFUNDABLE.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS: Classes are available to all paying customers, our small classroom will not accommodate any others (friends, kids, or husbands) that are waiting for you in the process.
Please wear closed-toed shoes, bring an apron and wear comfortable clothes to make soap in In order to protect our intellectual property photos or videos are not allowed during the class.